Friday, January 18, 2008

Milestone

Oh dear, I have reached a mile stone in my life. Today I signed up for Social Security.
In February I will be 62 and old enough to draw money from my Social Security account. Never did I think I would reach that point as I was never going to be THAT old. I was going to be Gidget for the rest of my life and like Peter Pan never grow old. I stopped growing up and just out many years ago, but that is ok I was still young. Does this mean I have to let my hair get gray? Wear old lady shoes and baggy slacks? Can I now wear purple with everything and a red hat?

The man maybe I should say young man at the SS office was real nice. Asked what questions he needed answered and could not believe I could not rattle off the exact date of my marriages and divorces. Bet he thought she’s just loosing it. But those are things you want to forget. Oh and he wanted to know my ex’s date of birth well that is another thing I have forgotten just unnecessary information to carry around in ones head. I believe too much information makes your brain stuffy so just forget those bitts of information that do not enhance your everyday life and especially if they cause unhappiness or sad feelings. I was not married to anyone for 10 years so was not drawing off their accounts.
So come next April I will receive my stipend from Uncle Sam. Now if I would win the lottery I could live well.
Later
Cinderella

No comments: