Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring has Arrived




Faster than a Speeding Baby Buggy Spring has Arrived.

Been awhile since I wrote anything here, I found face book so I neglected this site

But spring has arrived and as I sit here in my window I can watch the world wake up.
Just a few days ago I had a pretty drab landscape then the daffodils woke up and things around them started turning green. The little finches that come to my bird feeder have turned from drab to bright yellow and the cardinals have become territorial so only have the one pair now rather than the 8 pair I had all winter.

I think this year’s new gardening will be done in a straw bale. That sounded interesting to me so I bought a bale of straw and am getting it ready to plant. First you have to condition the bale with some nitrogen. I choose blood meal to do this and watered it in real good this morning. Now I must wait about two weeks before I can add some dirt pockets and seeds or plants. I’ll let you know how it does and try to take some pictures and post. The rabbits have already started visiting my garden site but they do not care for cabbages and onions and that is all I have out now. Something played games with some bulbs I planted they dug them up and tossed them around for three nights I put moth balls out and they just moved them over. The next morning the bulbs were thrown out and the moth balls were in a pile over to the side.

I have started keeping Vanessa during the week; she is such an interesting little thing. I am sure she is going to keep me busy this summer. She has been acting as a model for Otila’s clothing line. She takes her modeling job quite serious. Lately she has decided the action shots are good and she loves the back view. Then I don’t tell her to look happy she can frown or laugh and I don’t say a thing.

We will start doing the markets soon Otila has lots of new offerings this year. I have a few things in the works but am not getting very much finished. The Etsy site is picking up this week seems to be little girls pantaloons are the hot seller, have shipped several pair.

No comments: