Monday, November 5, 2007

OFF TO THE RACES

Saturday Night I visited the horse track "Hoosier Park " in Anderson. Usually I am pretty lucky betting on the ponies ... I know something about horses, I can read a program, I check the local paper to see what their handicapper has to say and bet with care... Holding a certain amount aside and if that dries up I quit betting and just enjoy the races... Well Saturday was no different.
We arrived before the first race and found our seats in the club house , ordered our drinks and dinner and placed the first bet on the favorite, a 2 dollar bet across the board... Right away I am 6 down. Well did not do well with that maybe I'll try a Trifecta Boxed. The top three can come in any order and I still win. with a .50 bet , that will only cost me $3.00 for the race. Picked 3 that should win and placed my bet. A long shot came in first. at 20 to 1 , somebody made some money there , it was not me. As the evening progressed I noticed the long shots were doing well so the next time I added a long shot to my mix... There were two in that race at 20 to 1 , the other one came in. Then I learned about a Super Trifecta which you can make .10 bets and the computer makes the pick. So for a $1 you had 10 chances on each race. That's the way to go I said to myself . I put down my dollar and they gave me two tickets full of numbers... The horses had to come in just in that order... My horses didn't. As the last race ran my last dollar also left.
Good thing the company was good, the food was good and it was a wonderful night for a drive.

No comments: