Saturday, June 7, 2008


And then the rains came down.

When daylight peaked though the clouds this morning June 7, 2008, I was greeted with quite a surprise. The nice neat garden that was doing so well was now under water. The fence post I was using to mark the garden’s side was on the other side of the yard trying to enter the storm drain. The three little ladybug stepping stones were now floating across the way. Thankfully I could still hear the sump pump working so the basement is ok.

I had just finished putting new mulch around all the flowers and had put in new flowers and new solar lights. They all looked so neat.
In my garden I have a row of radishes and a row of purple onions the article I read says lots of water is the secret to sweet onions. I wonder if this is too much?

No comments: